Monday, February 10, 2003

Hmmm, I Dunno About This...
I saw my first Suzuki V-Strom sometime last summer, and I was immediately turned off. To me, it looked like an imposter. What I thought at first was a naked bike soon looked to me like a dual sport. Then I realized it had street only tires on it. But it does have hand guards. And it has a huge amount of ground clearance. What is this hideous monster I asked myself? And who would be interested in a nasty bike like this? It didn't take me too long to find out just who would be interested.

Turns out this is one of the bikes in the new "sport utility motorcycle" class. I commented very briefly on this phenomenon here, and linked in my comments to Motorcycle Daily's sport utility motorcycle commentary. Apparently, Motorcycle Daily is incredibly fond of these newer bikes, as they've chosen the hideously ugly V-Strom to be one of their long term test bikes.

Far be it from me to question the wisdom of the sages over at MD, but I'll tell ya, this is one bike that's going to have to work really hard to win me over. Maybe I need to go give it a test drive.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?